Monday, August 27, 2007

beads are the new pixels

Recently I've been all about the bead loom.

A year (or two?) ago, I created designs for beaded bracelets based on old school arcade video games. But for various reasons (other projects, procrastination, work, life) I hadn't got round to making more than a couple of each. I think projects are often like books: sometimes you pick up a novel and just can't get past the first page, but then you'll pick up the same novel six months later and just devour it.

And now is the time for devouring. Suddenly, I have a small stack of Space Invaders and Pac-Man beaded bracelets. Beads are the new pixels. Or is it that beads are analog pixels? Hmm.

Here's a sneak peek:



I just have to sew in all the ends... which takes forever. Hopefully I won't take another couple of years to finish this time.

If you're a big arcade fan, check out this video of human Space Invaders. Take that, human chess!

No comments: